Friday, July 10, 2015

 photo signature-6.png







It's been a long time since I've logged in and blogged!  I'm going to start again.  There is nothing like starting over.  I'm excited to start the new year in 2nd grade!  After several years teaching 5th and 6th grade, I am ready to move to lower and work with the little ones.  I have been looking at my curriculum, picking out a variety of read alouds, and trying out a new strategies to teach 2nd graders!  I know that its going to be a challenge because I have been spoiled teaching older students who know what to do!  (although I did have several 5th graders who didn't know how to use glue last year... sigh...)

I am heading to my classroom today to work on unpacking and setting up.  It's hot and humid but I need to get organized and I'm running out of time.  The first required teacher work day is 7/23, I have a workshop on 7/21.  In between I have a lot of FUN planned.  Headed to San Francisco tonight for a mini-reunion with my high school friends.  It's been way too long since we have seen each other.  Next week I will see my granddaughter, if only for a few days, as we are going to Maui for a family reunion.  The days are going to fly by so I need to get organized before the craziness begins!

I am looking forward to a new adventure and am excited to share my learning with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment